Senior Data Engineering (Python/Scala) – Contract - in Remote / Dallas or Atlanta
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Senior Data Engineering (Python/Scala) in Remote / Dallas or Atlanta
Our client, a leading provider of streaming media, is seeking a Senior Data Engineer. They play hundreds of millions of songs to listeners every day, and each of these plays requires a royalty payment to license holders. This Senior Data Engineering role will manage and improve the data pipeline that retrieves listening data from production services, prepares usage data for our accounting teams, and generates usage reporting to our license partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write and maintain Scala Spark jobs that process hundreds of millions of records every day
• Write and maintain Hive SQL queries that process hundreds of millions of records every day
• Write and maintain scheduled analytics processes with Airflow in Google Cloud Composer
• Write code for and maintain a Python/Django web application that provides insight into platform usage for accounting teams
• Coordinate with Finance and Licensing teams on new feature developments and new licensing rules
Skills & Requirements
• 3+ Years Big Data
• 3+ years of Python or Scala development experience
• 3+ years of experience working with SQL based datastores
• 2+ years of experience working on a cloud platform (ex. GCP, AWS, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience working with a scalable data warehouse
• Containerization technologies such as Docker, Nomad and Kubernetes
• Distributed streaming messaging systems such as Apache Kafka a plus
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
Technology & Internet Services
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Joseph Kylethe specialist consultant managing this positionlocated in Dallas