Your new company
An established global Investment Bank with presence in the Tri-State Area. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the activities and coordinating the expert input required to meet the objectives of Project Lexington (a unified capital markets business in the US across 2 distinct broker/dealers) from a Risk Control - New Business Initiative Stream deliverable perspective. The objectives of this workstream form an integral part of a highly complex program and the role involves managing key relationships with front office/ business management and across all of the functions in the Risk Control Division. The remit includes New Business Initiatives as well as the migration and enhancement (as necessary) of certain capital markets businesses.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Coordination with front office/ business management and across all of the functions in the Risk Control Division as it relates to New Business Initiative assessment and planning
- Managing the activities and coordinating the expert input required to deliver the objectives of the workstream
- Develop business case (NBI document) with inputs across all risk verticals
- Review Governance models
- Assess various businesses and understand the relevant market and credit risks to assist in the development of risk policies, procedures, and framework documents
- Recommend control framework improvements and requirements, considering any relevant regulatory requirements
- Assess and recommend relevant reporting. For completeness, this includes portfolio, counterparty, issuer, collateral, wrong-way risk, country, etc.
- Assess adequacy of existing rating and risk measurement methodologies
- Implement revisions to policies, procedures, KPCs, terms of reference, and whitepapers as needed and document changes via closure pack
- Management of pre and post go-live conditions (e.g., drive closure of GRC open issues and conditions)
- Ad-hoc deliverables (e.g., GRC hiring plan, muni risk appetite framework across CUSO, product/model combination matrix, resource analysis and hiring tracking, WM extended settlement analysis, GSE issuer limit analysis)
- Managing the activities in support of this workstream
- Organize NBI and Policy & Governance working groups
- Collaborate across group functions to fulfill NBI requirements (e.g., manage across operations, finance and legal to understand and implement requirements for collecting initial margin)
- Create materials for CUSO CRO / WM US CRO for NBI review and approval
- Produce monthly updates for GRC senior management, the GRC Lexington operating committee, and ad-hoc reporting (e.g., IHC Board, Risk EC, IB Credit Committee)
- Report status at weekly Lexington PMO meeting
What you'll get in return
- Strong functional understanding of front to back processes and controls for banking, lending and trading
- Particular functional expertise in risk control, particularly in credit risk methodology and credit risk control, but also market risk and the entirety of Group Risk Control
- Ideally, expertise in infrastructure implementations in this domain
- Professional track record and expertise to represent Risk Control with front office/ business management
You will get the chance to work for a very well-respected global brand as well as start a contract position with a chance of extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.