TrendMicro, Security, Windows
TRENDMICRO SECURITY ANALYSTS – CONTRACT OR CTP – BETHESDA, MD
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
TrendMicro Security Analysts Skills & Requirements:
• Experience with Technical Security Controls, Architecture and Engineering
• Demonstrates broad hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
• Possesses in-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including, Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP or OSI network protocol stack, including major protocols such as IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, HTTP, and SSH.
• Strong analytical skills to discover and analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls (technical, administrative and managerial) and security solution sets
• Technical understanding of security tools and applications and their integration into data center operations and infrastructure
• Experience with incident response, and understanding malware such as worms, virus, and trojans
• Experience with Trend Micro Deep Security
• Experience with Trend Micro Officescan and Core Protection Module
TrendMicro Security Analysts Responsibilities:
• Plan and assist with the proper deployment and management of solutions that support information security including virus detection, malware detection, intrusion detection and prevention systems, next gen firewalls/IPS/IDS, and other security solutions
• Apply knowledge of latest information security industry trends, technology tools and practices in a practical manner
• Work closely with IT Technical Services teams (Network, Server & End-User Computing) to achieve optimal configuration of security applications.
• Identify evaluate and help to implement technical security controls to continuously improve the organization’s security posture.
• Provide accurate and timely support of security tools and host-based security configurations
• Monitor/oversee or directly tune intrusion detection and firewall
• Research and evaluate current or emerging security technologies to support organizational information security objectives
• Provide input on security requirements to be included as a part of technology and service procurement activities
• Ensures that acquired or developed systems and architectures are consistent with the organization's security architecture guidelines
• Apply security practices to host based environments
• Supports information security compliance activities and drives improvements where needed.
• Identify weak controls and communicate vulnerabilities to management
• Plan and conduct reviews to monitor and evaluate system conformance and compliance with organizational security policies, standards and guidelines
• Design and document executable steps to enable consistency and sustainable of actions, with a particular focus on enabling through automation
• Understands product lifecycles and provides input for long and short-term planning
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends - who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. . Additionally, if the position is a consulting opportunity Veredus provides full benefits:
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP - Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Consultant Web-Site
• Care packages
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible? Visit our career centre for advice and tips: http://vereduscorp.com/career-center/
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.