System Administrator, Linux, Server
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – CONTRACT – ASHBURN, VA
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Systems Administrator Skills & Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Linux system administration.
• Enterprise X86 server hardware maintenance.
• Understanding of IT security practices and ensuring key system controls are in place.
• Shell scripting
• Experience with managing Web, SMTP and DNS servers in a Linux environment.
• Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
Operations and Support
• Coordinate and communicate with NOC.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
• Maintain key internal applications.
• Investigate and troubleshoot issues working with hardware and software vendors.
• Manage PKI certificates for systems.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts.
• Manage firewall rules.
• Test and apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards following best practices.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends - who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. . Additionally, if the position is a consulting opportunity Veredus provides full benefits:
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP - Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Consultant Web-Site
• Care packages
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible? Visit our career centre for advice and tips: http://vereduscorp.com/career-center/
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.