ORACLE DBA – PERM – RALEIGH, NC - $90k p/y - $105k p/y
ORACLE DBA – PERM – RALEIGH, NC
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
Oracle DBA Overall Responsibilities –
Responsible for database administration in a mission-critical, 24/7 SaaS environment encompassing 100s of Oracle databases. Support systems including SaaS products across production, development, test, and disaster recovery environments. Follow technical direction from senior DBAs and leadership to dependably execute operational responsibilities. Deploy and manage mission critical databases. Provide 24/7 on-call database operational support on rotation across the DBA team. Identify and resolve issues proactively using various monitoring tools. Effectively follow change management guidelines for all the changes made to the production and pre-production databases.
Key Areas of Responsibility –
• Installs database software, adhering to SaaS environment standards
• Utilizes Oracle Data Pump and Oracle Rman for backup and recovery operations
• Utilizes database backups to restore data for customer archives
• Participates in periodic readiness testing including database restore exercises to ensure database backup mechanisms are reliable.
• Assumes ownership of database related problems; pursues problem resolution and root cause analysis.
• Participates in a 24X7 on-call rotation
• Learns and stays current on the features and functionality of the latest Oracle versions.
• Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards.
• Maintains Oracle Real Application Cluster environments (Oracle RAC)
• Build and maintain Disaster Recovery implementations using Oracle Data Guard
• Participate in database upgrades and migrations to new data centers
• Leverage Oracle standby databases for various tasks including data recovery, migrations, upgrades, and disaster recovery.
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://raleigh.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends - who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting opportunity Veredus provides full benefits starting Day 1, and at virtually no cost to you.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP - Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.