DATA MODELER – CONTRACT TO PERM – DURHAM, NC - $55 p/h - $60 p/h
DATA MODELER – CONTRACT TO PERM – DURHAM, NC
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
YOUR NEW ROLE:
As a dedicated member of the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing team, the Data Modeler will have the responsibility for architecting and modeling an enterprise wide data model. Develops the logical data model (LDM) and assists the DBA in developing the physical data model (PDM). Logical data models will be primarily relational, normalized to at least 3rd normal form for the operational data store, data warehouses and front end OLTP applications. Assists in facilitation of JAD sessions to determine data rules, and holds LDM and PDM reviews with Data SMEs, DBAs and others as required. Applies Data Naming Standards to build out metadata model translation decisions. Implements and tests database designs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING EVERY DAY:
The data modeler will work closely with the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing team to review, evaluate, design, implement and maintain the Data Management specific data and object models using both structured and unstructured data. Specific areas of responsibilities:
• Based on business requirements, defines data requirements and business rules.
• Develops database models to meet business requirements (from SME Data).
• Using the logical data model (LDM), assists the DBA in developing the physical data model (PDM)
• Use industry standard data modeling tools (Enterprise Architect, ErWin, etc.) best practices, and techniques to design and develop relational and object data models (conceptual, logical and physical.)
• Establish/enforce the Enterprise information architecture standards through the development of data models, data flow diagrams, CRUD diagrams and specifications for data integrity and referential integrity
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Math or information technology (preferred) or equivalent experience
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Proficient in using data modeling tools
• Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with hands-on expertise in data modeling
• Familiarity with business systems architecture and technology infrastructures
• Full understanding and experience in implementing transactional and BI solutions is required
• Full comprehension of SQL, cardinality, levels of granularity, normalized vs. de-normalized, auditing, database and tool optimization techniques and other such data modeling/architecture best practices is required
• Demonstrated experience with multiple platforms
• Solid experience in designing OLTP or other VLRDB architectures
• Expertise in writing SQL, stored procedures and developing materialized views and aggregate tables
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://raleigh.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends - who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting opportunity Veredus provides full benefits starting Day 1, and at virtually no cost to you.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP - Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.