BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER – CONTRACT – DURHAM, NC - $55 p/h - $65 p/h
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER – CONTRACT – DURHAM, NC
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
Business Intelligence Developer Role:
The BI Developer's role is to design, develop, monitor, and maintain enterprise business intelligence solutions. The BI Developer will support Business SMEs in gathering data requirements from business stakeholders, perform gap analysis, and work with the EDM development team in order to transform the requirements into quality information delivery. As a member of the BI Development Team, the BI Developer will be tasked with developing Business Intelligence solutions such as reports, dashboards, and visualizations. They may also develop and monitor dashboards and reports that measure BI system performance across all BI platforms.
• Design and creation of high-impact visual applications to facilitate decision making and research functions of company
• Participate in interviewing operational stakeholders and understanding/documenting the business requirements
• Participate in the development and maintenance of BI policies, procedures, and best practices
• Participate in the upgrade of software/releases, including the customization of functionality and the performance of regression testing
• Assisting with interfacing of BI or visualization components into customer facing applications or portals
• Documentation of environment / production change controls logs
• Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications
• Understand/execute release/change management processes for changes to business applications
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (REQUIREMENTS)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent experience
10+ years of Lead BI Development background preferred
5+ years combined experience in data analysis and business intelligence
2+ years development experience with one of the following BI platforms: IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects or Microsoft BI
2+ years development experience with the following BI Data Visualization platforms: Tableau Desktop & Tableau Enterprise Server
Expert level SQL query writing ability to reproduce report results with independently written SQL queries for unit test
Experience working with relational technologies including Oracle and SQL Server, star schemas, and OLAP
Experience with multiple environments need to support full SDLC (separate development, validation, and production environments)
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://raleigh.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional Recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends - who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting opportunity Veredus provides full benefits starting Day 1, and at virtually no cost to you.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP - Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus has been recognized as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” by Staffing Industry Analysts the last 3 years in a row.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug testing may be required; please contact Recruiter for more information.